As we age, we absorb less Vitamin B12 from food. It is estimated 85% of us come up short of the necessary B12 from our diet. Even if you are in good health, Vitamin B12 is essential to everyone and regular Vitamin B12 injections can bring many benefits.
Vitamin B12 can increase energy levels, mental clarity and concentration, it can also help to reduce stress and aid better quality sleep, improve the metabolism, maintain a healthy digestive system and boost the immune system. Vitamin B12 is also essential for maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails.
Vitamin B12 shots are the most effective when taken at regular intervals. We recommend once every 2-3 months.
“I feel absolutely amazing after mine. Thank you soooo much for making me have more energy and my skin feels amazing too!”
— Kate Foster
• Please be aware that anti-inflammatories (such as; Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen) may lead to undue bleeding – which may result in bruising. If you wish to minimise the risk of bleeding – we recommend avoiding these substances for a minimum of 3 days prior to your treatment. If you have been prescribed such medication by a medical professional, you must not cease use without consulting them first.
• Alcohol, Fish Oil, Flax Seed, high doses of Vitamin A or E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort and Garlic may also lead to undue bleeding so we recommend avoiding these substances for 3 days prior to your treatment.
• Eat a light meal or snack prior to attending your appointment and ensure you are well hydrated.
• After treatment, most people can resume their normal daily activities. You may experience some mild tenderness, redness and swelling around the injection site. These effects will usually resolve within 48 hours but may last longer in some cases.
• You may experience some bruising around the injection site, this will resolve naturally but may take 1-2 weeks to resolve. Occasionally, more significant bruising can occur.
• Rarely, you may develop a headache after treatment which can last a few days.
• If you experience any discomfort afterwards you may take an over the counter painkiller (such as Paracetamol) within the recommended guidelines.
• You must keep the injection site clean in order to prevent the risk of infection – do not touch or rub the area.
• Avoid heavy exercise and over-use of the injected muscle for 24 hours.
• Avoid heat treatments for 3 days – such as; hot baths, showers, swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, sun beds etc.
• You must contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you experience any other unwanted side effects after having the injection.
• A Vitamin B12 injection has a positive effect when administered regularly over a period of 3–6 months. It is recommended that you receive about six injections over a period of weeks to build up your body’s Vitamin B12 store. Your body’s vitamin B12 store can then last for several months. It’s normal to administer 3 monthly injections to replenish your Vitamin B12 levels.
Meet Nikki – Advanced Aesthetics Nurse Prescriber & Trainer
Nikki is a registered Advanced Aesthetic Nurse Prescriber – she only uses the highest-quality, medical-grade injectables and has worked in the cosmetics industry since 2006. She also has a Masters level Prescribing qualification and works as a Nurse Trainer for a leading London based company – where she trains other Doctors, Dentists and Nurses in different aesthetic injection techniques and safety.
The India Gabrielle Clinic is one of the UK’s best Permanent Makeup, Aesthetics, Laser and Skincare practices – based in Bexhill On-Sea, East Sussex.
Our team aim to boost confidence by enhancing natural beauty – with a range of bespoke treatments and award-winning signature techniques. We are dedicated to helping you feel the most confident version of yourself – happier, healthier and more comfortable with the skin you’re in.
The clinic is based in Bexhill town centre, located just 5 minutes from the Train Station – with plenty of on-street parking and public transport on the doorstep. Our long-established, loyal clientele visit from Bexhill, Hastings, Eastbourne, Hailsham, East Sussex, London and Kent and customer satisfaction is our forté – take a look at our 100% 5-Star review rating!