Hyperhidrosis Treatment for Excessive Sweating – under Arms/ Face/ Feet/ Palms:
Although it is normal to sweat if you exercise or get hot, excessive sweating occurs when the body doesn’t need to cool down. Hyperhidrosis is a common, long-term condition that can cause excessive sweating over the whole body for no particular reason. One of the most effective treatments for this condition is an injection of a protein solution in the problem area. In small doses the protein blocks the nerves that supply the eccrine glands, preventing them from producing sweat.
• Avoid alcohol for 48 hours pre-and post treatment.
• For a week before and after the procedure, avoid blood thinners, such as; Aspirin, Clopidogrel, Warfarin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E and any other anti-coagulant medication. If you have been prescribed such medication by a medical professional – you must not cease use without consulting them first.
• For a week before and after the procedure, avoid any blood-thinning food supplements, such as; fish oil, liquorice, garlic, ginger, ginkgo and green tea.
• You should be aware that if you take any blood-thinning substances there will be increased likelihood of bleeding or bruising at the injection site(s).
• Bruising is possible and therefore, we recommend that you schedule any social plans accordingly for 7-14 days following your treatment.
• Arnica supplements have been shown to reduce discomfort, bruising and swelling from injectable procedures. Arnica pills may be started the day before or the day of treatment and should be continued until bruising has resolved.
• You MUST be fit and well for at least 2 weeks before receiving this treatment. We cannot treat you if you are currently unwell or if you have recently been unwell. This includes any type of infection or antibiotics. If this applies to you – please call the clinic as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
• Do prep your skin. Prior to treatment, make sure to look after your skin and keep it in the best condition. Moisturise and avoid damaged pores.
• Do use sunscreen pre-and-post treatment to protect your skin. We will not be able to treat you if you have sunburnt skin.
• Avoid sun and heat exposure.
• You are not a suitable candidate for this treatment if you have a neuromuscular condition – like Myasthenia Gravis or Eaton Lambert Syndrome, or if you have any known allergies to Botulinum Toxin, Human Albumin or Sodium Chloride.
• Do not touch, rub or apply any pressure to the treated areas.
• Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking for 48 hours.
• Avoid taking Aspirin, Clopidogrel, Warfarin, Ibuprofen or any other blood thinning medications for the next 7 days. You should be aware that if you take such medications there will be increased likelihood of bleeding or bruising at the injection site(s).
• No exercise or physical activity for 24 hours and avoid intense exercise for the next 3 days post treatment.
• After treatment, slight redness, swelling, itching, bruising and some tenderness at the site of the injection may occur. This is normal and will generally disappear over the next 7-14 days.
• Avoid heat treatments for 3 days e.g. sunbathing, saunas, sunbeds, hot baths/shower, steam room etc.
• Do not apply makeup to the treated area for 24 hours to prevent infection. If applying makeup after this time – ensure your makeup brushes are clean before and after each use.
• Change your pillowcase on the day of treatment and try to sleep on your back for the first few days post treatment.
• Do NOT apply any hot compresses to the treated area.
• Arnica Cream/Capsules can be taken to help prevent bruising.
• Avoid creams containing Alpha Hydroxy Acid or Glycolic Acid around the area for 48 hours.
• Avoid direct sun exposure and wear a high SPF sunscreen (30+) to prolong the duration of the Filler.
• Keep the area clean to prevent infection. Do not touch or rub the area – especially not with dirty fingers.
• Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching your face and applying any skincare products.
• Alcohol, smoking and sun exposure will reduce the life of the Wrinkle Relaxing Injections.
• If you are planning on having any other aesthetic, skin, laser, beauty, waxing or medical treatments – please discuss this with your practitioner. Do not proceed with any further treatment/s until your practitioner has released you to do so. You should also inform any other practitioners treating you that you have had Wrinkle Relaxing Injections.
• Contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you notice any other unwanted side effects.
• Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating) Treatment – we recommend maintaining every 4-12 months.
Meet Nikki – Advanced Aesthetics Nurse Prescriber & Trainer
Nikki is a registered Advanced Aesthetic Nurse Prescriber – she only uses the highest-quality, medical-grade injectables and has worked in the cosmetics industry since 2006. She also has a Masters level Prescribing qualification and works as a Nurse Trainer for a leading London based company – where she trains other Doctors, Dentists and Nurses in different aesthetic injection techniques and safety.
The India Gabrielle Clinic is one of the UK’s best Permanent Makeup, Aesthetics, Laser and Skincare practices – based in Bexhill On-Sea, East Sussex.
Our team aim to boost confidence by enhancing natural beauty – with a range of bespoke treatments and award-winning signature techniques. We are dedicated to helping you feel the most confident version of yourself – happier, healthier and more comfortable with the skin you’re in.
The clinic is based in Bexhill town centre, located just 5 minutes from the Train Station – with plenty of on-street parking and public transport on the doorstep. Our long-established, loyal clientele visit from Bexhill, Hastings, Eastbourne, Hailsham, East Sussex, London and Kent and customer satisfaction is our forté – take a look at our 100% 5-Star review rating!