Is Permanent Make-Up really permanent? (Some people use the term semi-permanent make up.)
We are all different, but factors such as your skin type, anti-aging creams, sun exposure, sweating and tanning beds, will all affect how long it takes for your permanent makeup to fade.
I personally recommend to get colour boosts to freshen up the Permanent Makeup to maintain its natural look every 12-18 months.
Why have permanent makeup?
My goal is to enhance your natural beauty – and to make you look as beautiful as you can be – at all times.
I specialize in the most natural looking permanent makeup!
Who is it suitable for?
Does Permanent Makeup hurt?
Is permanent make up safe?
They are trusted by technicians and cosmetic surgeons throughout the world.
How long will it take to recover?
Permanent cosmetic procedures normally require two treatment sessions. (I personally offer a second treatment completely FREE of charge to refine and perfect.) For optimum results, clients are required to return for their retouch appointment 6 – 12 weeks following their initial treatment. *Please note that your second visit must be booked and undertaken within the 12 week period.*
Will it look natural?
I have very sensitive skin and suffer from allergies - Can I have semi-permanent makeup?
“I personally suffer from allergies and very sensitive skin. Some years ago I had a very bad allergic reaction to a chemical that is found in most cosmetics – and I love makeup! I found it really difficult – and very time consuming – trying to find products that didn’t bring me up in a rash, make my eyes swell or cause intense itching.
Little did I know at the beginning of what I thought was a distressingly bad journey, that I would find my light at the end of the tunnel. I did a lot of research and discovered that there are organic and mineral based pigments that are available for use in semi-permanent make-up. My distressing allergies kick-started my progression into a career where I now help others – and that fulfills me.
I personally use only the very highest quality organic and natural mineral pigments that are specifically selected for their safe, non-toxic and hypoallergenic properties. They are suitable for the most sensitive skins. There have been no reports to indicate otherwise since their inception over 20 years ago. They continue to adapt — meeting current trends while anticipating the regulations of tomorrow. They are trusted by technicians and cosmetic surgeons throughout the world.”
To arrange a FREE personal consultation please call 07415230281 or email email@example.com.
Do you have to shave off or remove the brow hair before having your brows tattooed?
Do you do split payments?
1/3 on the day
1/3 at the 2nd retouch treatment 6 – 12 weeks later.
How long does it take?
Your 2nd retouch treatment will take approximately 1 hour.
How long will it last?
Pre-Treatment Advice for Permanent Make Up
New Permanent Cosmetic treatments normally require two treatment sessions. For best results, clients will be required to return for a retouch treatment 6 – 12 weeks after the initial treatment. (This must be undertaken within the 12 week period, otherwise it will no longer be free of charge.) Be prepared for the colour intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the treatment. This will subside and become lighter as the skin heals.
Advice for all permanent cosmetic treatments:
- There will sometimes be slight swelling and redness, but not always.
- Avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Niacin and Vitamin E for 3 days before as this may make your skin more prone to bruising. (Please disregard this if you are on aspirin under your GP’s direction.)
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours before your treatment.
- I will not perform Permanent Makeup treatments if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Please stay out of the sun (and no sunbeds) for at least 2 weeks prior to your treatment and at least two weeks after your treatment. Tan skin bleeds, therefore the pigment will not take and will look blurred. This means no sun exposure whatsoever to the area that is to be tattooed. If you are going out in the sun during this time – You must wear a sunhat or baseball cap to keep the area in the shade, wear a minimum factor 30 spf to the area if you are having Brows or Lips treatments – as well as sunglasses if you are having Eyeliner or Brows treatments. Just one day in the sun will ruin your results if you do not follow this advice!
Issues of having sun exposure:
- Your skin will be more sensitive
- You will feel pain
- You will bleed
- Anaesthetics will not work well
- You will not retain pigment well
- Your treatment will take at least twice as long meaning more discomfort for yourself – and India!
- The tan will exfoliate taking color with it as it fades
- You may also heal darker than you want
- If you show up to your appointment with a TAN/SUNBURN to the area to be treated, you will be required to reschedule and your deposit will be forfeited.
- Please do not have botox, fillers or any other surgical or non-surgical treatment for at least 3 weeks before and 3 weeks after treatment.
- No chemical peels 60 days prior and must wait 60 days after (avoiding the forehead is recommended). IF YOU DO FREQUENT PEELS, THE BROWS WILL FADE QUICKER DUE TO THE CHEMICALS TRAVELING UNDER THE SKIN.
- Do not work out on the day of your treatment as body heat expands the pores. It is also recommended not to sweat for the first 14 days following the procedure, so if you are into fitness, you can still exercise, but keep it low impact so as not to sweat. Sweat is salt and WILL fade, blur or cause the pigment not to take at all.
- India recommends NOT having a treatment while on your menstrual cycle – as it is likely to lower your pain threshold – making you more sensitive at the treatment area. If you never know when this is going to happen, then it can’t be helped, but if you do have an idea of when you are due – it’s best to avoid that time for a treatment.
- Retinols/Retin-A’s and other anti-aging creams or serums containing acids WILL fade your permanent makeup prematurely EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE HEALED. You must be OFF all Retinols/Retina-A at least 30 days prior to appointment – and for at least 30 days or more after the appointment. The area will bleed and pigment will not heal properly if this is not followed. If you resume the retinols after the 30+ days after your procedure, your brows WILL fade quickly due to the chemicals in the creams. They WILL blur and fade faster.
Please don’t wear semi- permanent eyelash extensions on arrival.
- Any eyelash tinting or perming should be carried out no sooner than two weeks after the procedure.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following the procedure.Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing contact lenses as soon as your eyes feel comfortable. (This is normally 24 hours after the procedure.)
- You may have some swelling.
- If you have been using Lash Growth Serum you must discontinue use for at least 30 days prior to your Eyeliner treatment as lash growth products cause increased capillary action – which could cause bleeding, discomfort and poor pigment retention.
Lip Shaping and Contouring ‘Plump Blush Lips’
- If you have a history of cold sore (herpes simplex): Permanent Cosmetic treatments do not cause cold sores. However, if you carry the virus, it lays dormant in the body and can be aroused by sunlight, stress or permanent lip makeup. I advise you to obtain herpes medication, for example Zovirax, from your local chemist and use one week before and one week after your procedure. This can help minimise an outbreak. Alternatively, contact your doctor to obtain the proper prescription medication to prevent such outbreaks.
- Lip wax or bleaching treatments should not be undertaken for at least a two week period after your permanent cosmetic lip procedure.
- If you have LARGE pores or Oily/Severely Oily Skin – India will only perform Ombre’ Brows or Powder Brows techniques. You ARE NOT a good candidate for Hair Stroke Brows. If you have LARGE pores or Oily/Severely Oily Skin, your results WILL appear softer/solid or powdered looking.
Pre-Treatment Advice for Microneedling
Avoid these treatments for 2 weeks prior to your needling treatment:
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
One week before your treatment:
- AHA or BHA, or benzyl peroxide
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
24 hours before your treatment:
Day of treatment:
Cleanse your skin and moisturise in the morning as usual, do not apply heavy makeup on face other than eyes and lips.
What are the health and safety issues related to semi-permanent makeup and general guidance to consider when choosing a technician?
Semi-permanent skin colouring businesses will have to:
- register with their local authorities; and
- follow byelaws on the cleanliness and hygiene of practitioners, premises and equipment to protect customers against the risk of infection.
It will be an offence to carry on such a business without being registered, to carry on such a business in premises that are not registered for that purpose or to breach byelaws.
General Guidance to consider when choosing a Technician
- Ensure the technician posses a special treatment licence issued by the Local Authority
- HSWA etc. (1974) and training, requires technicians to provide any appropriate training, qualifications and health and safety provisions, as far as reasonably practicable
- Hygiene, sterilisation, disinfection, and waste and sharps (needles) disposal guidelines. Must include personal and environmental hygiene standards, sterilisation of the equipment, cleanliness of all work surfaces, and compliance with the Hazardous Waste Regulations (2005)
- Pigments must be appropriate for the use of cosmetic or body art
- Public and Employers liability insurance must be on display or available for inspection if requested
- Professionally presented client before and after pictures, ensure that the images are the technicians own work, don’t just rely on pictures on display on a website
- Pre Consultation prior to treatment, an important opportunity to ask any uncertainty and answer any concerns that you may have regarding your treatment
- DO YOUR RESEARCH. DO NOT BE DRIVEN BY PRICE ALONE. I have had numerous new clients come to me asking me to correct or improve treatments done elsewhere.