Loss of underlying fat and skin elasticity under the eyes can cause deepening of the tear trough, which creates dark circles, wrinkles and a tired-looking appearance.
Tear trough fillers are used to fill the hollowing under the eye and elevate the skin to be more level with the rest of the face, which also improves the shadowing here. Tear trough Fillers can be used to improve mild eye bags and can help with dark circles – for a plumper, fresher, brighter and more youthful appearance.
Due to the nature of this treatment, not everyone is a suitable candidate. It requires a consultation with our Aesthetic Nurse Prescriber who will assess your needs and suitability to determine the most appropriate form of treatment.
• Drink at least 3 litres of water in the 3 days leading up to treatment. Hydration is CRUCIAL to obtaining a good result – Dermal Filler relies on drawing water to the treated cells, helping you achieve the full filler augmentation effects.
• Avoid alcohol for 48 hours pre-and post treatment.
• For a week before and after the procedure, avoid blood thinners, such as; Aspirin, Clopidogrel, Warfarin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E and any other anti-coagulant medication. If you have been prescribed such medication by a medical professional – you must not cease use without consulting them first.
• For a week before and after the procedure, avoid any blood-thinning food supplements, such as; fish oil, liquorice, garlic, ginger, ginkgo and green tea.
• You should be aware that if you take any blood-thinning substances there will be increased likelihood of bleeding or bruising at the injection site(s).
• Bruising is possible and therefore, we recommend that you schedule any social plans accordingly for 7-14 days following your treatment.
• You MUST be fit and well for at least 2 weeks before receiving this treatment. We cannot treat you if you are currently unwell or if you have recently been unwell. This includes any type of infection or antibiotics. If this applies to you – please call the clinic as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
• Start taking an over the counter antihistamine one week prior to treatment and continue to take until one week post treatment within the recommended guidelines.
• Do prep your skin. Prior to treatment, make sure to look after your skin and keep it in the best condition. Moisturise and avoid damaged pores.
• Do use sunscreen pre-and-post treatment to protect your skin. We will not be able to treat you if you have sunburnt skin.
• Avoid sun and heat exposure.
• If possible please arrive without makeup on the area/s to be treated. The area will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your treatment.
• You are not a suitable candidate for this treatment if you have any known allergies to Filler, Lidocaine, Collagen or Hyaluronic Acids. If this applies to you – please call the clinic as soon as possible to cancel your appointment.
• Keep well hydrated and drink at least 3 litres of water for the next 3 days after treatment. Hydration is crucial to obtaining a good result because Dermal Filler relies on drawing water to the treated cells, helping you get the full filler augmentation effects.
• After treatment, slight redness, swelling, itching, bruising and some tenderness at the site of the injection may occur. This is normal and will generally disappear over the next 7-14 days.
• If the area is swollen/tender you may apply a sterile ice pack – for no longer than 15 minutes at a time – and do not apply ice directly to the skin.
• Avoid taking Aspirin, Clopidogrel, Warfarin, Ibuprofen or any other blood thinning medications for the next 7 days. You should be aware that if you take such medications there will be increased likelihood of bleeding or bruising at the injection site(s).
• If itching or swelling occur, a general over the counter antihistamine can be taken for a period of one week post treatment – within the recommended guidelines.
• Arnica Cream/Capsules can be taken to help prevent bruising.
• Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking for 48 hours.
• Avoid strenuous exercise and heat treatments for 3 days e.g. sunbathing, saunas, sunbeds, hot baths/shower, steam room etc.
• Avoid creams containing Alpha Hydroxy Acid or Glycolic Acid around the area for 48 hours.
• Avoid direct sun exposure and wear a high SPF sunscreen (30+) to prolong the duration of the Filler.
• Keep the area clean to prevent infection. Do not touch or rub the area – especially not with dirty fingers.
• Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching your face and applying any skincare products.
• Do not apply makeup to the treated area for 24 hours to prevent infection. If applying makeup after this time – ensure your makeup brushes are clean before and after each use.
• Change your pillowcase on the day of treatment and try to sleep on your back for the first few days post treatment.
• Do NOT massage the treated area your Practitioner will have massaged this for you and there is no need to continue to massage.
• Do NOT apply any hot compresses to the treated area.
• Alcohol, smoking and sun exposure will reduce the life of the filler.
• If you are planning on having any other aesthetic, skin, laser, beauty, waxing or medical treatments – please discuss this with your practitioner, so that your appointments can be timed appropriately.
• If you are having any other aesthetic, skin, laser, beauty, waxing or medical treatments carried out by another practitioner – you should inform them that you have had Dermal Filler.
• Contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you notice any other unwanted side effects.
Meet Nikki – Advanced Aesthetics Nurse Prescriber & Trainer
Nikki is a registered Advanced Aesthetic Nurse Prescriber – she only uses the highest-quality, medical-grade injectables and has worked in the cosmetics industry since 2006. She also has a Masters level Prescribing qualification and works as a Nurse Trainer for a leading London based company – where she trains other Doctors, Dentists and Nurses in different aesthetic injection techniques and safety.
The India Gabrielle Clinic is one of the UK’s best Permanent Makeup, Aesthetics, Laser and Skincare practices – based in Bexhill On-Sea, East Sussex.
Our team aim to boost confidence by enhancing natural beauty – with a range of bespoke treatments and award-winning signature techniques. We are dedicated to helping you feel the most confident version of yourself – happier, healthier and more comfortable with the skin you’re in.
The clinic is based in Bexhill town centre, located just 5 minutes from the Train Station – with plenty of on-street parking and public transport on the doorstep. Our long-established, loyal clientele visit from Bexhill, Hastings, Eastbourne, Hailsham, East Sussex, London and Kent and customer satisfaction is our forté – take a look at our 100% 5-Star review rating!