Microneedling – also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, Skin Needling and Dermal Needling – is a skin rejuvenation treatment that is used to effectively regenerate, remodel and repair the skin.
There are various methods of Microneedling – we use the most advanced Dermapen technique, which we believe is by far the most superior.
The Dermapen uses an adjustable, disposable needle cartridge to penetrate the dermis at a controlled depth, creating micro-perforations in the skin – known as controlled trauma. This will stimulate the skin’s natural healing response to induce collagen, elastin and fibroblast production. As as result we can improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, enlarged pores, acne scarring and textured skin, whilst also improving elasticity, hydration, texture, tone and firmness.
Microneedling is effective for treating ageing skin conditions on the face, neck, décolleté, upper arms, stomach and hands. It is also incredible for improving the appearance of stretch marks on the body and scarring.
Below are just some examples of our clients’ incredible Microneedling results. NO photoshop, NO makeup and NO filters – just beautiful REAL skin!
Lines, Wrinkles & Ageing Skin
Age Spots / Sun Spots / Hyper Pigmentation
Facial Sagging & Loss of Elasticity
Scar Tissue, Acne Scars, Chicken Pox Scars
Microneedling is an advanced skin treatment. After such treatment, it’s normal to experience redness, skin sensitivity and possibly mild swelling for 24 – 48 hours. The skin may resemble moderate sunburn during this time. Effects usually resolve within a few hours, but we recommend booking your appointment on a day when you do not have any plans straight after or the following day. In addition, you may also experience some light peeling or exfoliation for a few days following treatment.
It is imperative that you follow all pre and post treatment advice to ensure the health of your skin and increase the success of your treatment. If you have any questions about any of the following information – please don’t hesitate to ask your practitioner or call the clinic on 01424 730999.
- Avoid direct sun/UV exposure without the use of a minimum Factor 30 SPF for 2 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid the following treatments for 2 weeks prior to your Microneedling treatment: Electrolysis, Waxing, Depilatory Creams and Laser Hair Removal.
- Stop using AHA, BHA and Benzoyl Peroxide products 1 week prior to your Microneedling treatment:
- 24 Hours before your appointment avoid any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating.
- Avoid drinking alcohol 24 hours before your appointment.
- On the day of your treatment – cleanse, moisturise and apply SPF to your skin as usual in the morning. Do not apply heavy makeup on the face.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching the treated area or applying skincare products and avoid touching your skin excessively.
- Your skin may be red for several hours following treatment. Please avoid strenuous exercise until any redness has dissipated, we advise you wait at least 48 hours. Avoid excessive heat including; hot baths, swimming pools, saunas and spa environments for 24 hours.
- It is imperative that you avoid sunbeds and regularly apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least factor 30 to protect your skin from direct UV/sun exposure. If you fail to protect your skin from sun exposure, you will be at risk of uneven pigmentation and sunburn.
- If you are going out in the sun for the first 2 weeks post treatment, you must try to keep your treated area in the shade where possible. We recommend wearing a baseball cap or sunhat. If you are hypersensitive to the sun, you should take extra precautions to guard against exposure.
- Do not apply makeup for at least 24 – 48 hours. If you wish to apply makeup after this period – we recommend applying it with clean hands. If you are going to use makeup brushes or sponges – you MUST ensure they are thoroughly cleaned before each use and are replaced regularly.
- Be mindful to avoid anything which may cause infection – do not allow pets to lick your face, ensure glasses/sunglasses are cleaned regularly and change your bedding/towels on the day of treatment.
- Your skin may be more sensitive post treatment, to help avoid any adverse reactions you must only apply products recommended and for the timescale recommended by your practitioner.
- When washing your face, do not scrub. Use a gentle cleanser designed for sensitive skins. Apply a light moisturiser as often as needed to relieve dryness/tightness and stay well hydrated by drinking the recommended amount of water each day.
- For 3 days post treatment avoid perfume, perfumed cosmetics, perfumed skincare products and any BHA or AHA products on the treated area.
- Your skin may look dry and flaky for a few days after the redness subsides. You may also experience some peeling or exfoliation – do not pick or pull the skin. You may use moisturiser recommended by your practitioner.
- Please wait at least one week after your treatment before having any other facial treatments and do not have any injectable treatments in the area treated for at least two weeks after your treatment.
- For best results you should use the recommended skin care products between treatments. A course of treatments is needed to provide optimal long-term results with a 6 week interval in between each session.